Transfer of the company to R. Mortusewicz. Merging of the companies Hess Miltenberg and Hess Hermsdorf/Thuringia. Glued wood panel production is ceased in the year 2001.
The Hess company purchases the wood gluing plant in Hermsdorf in Thuringia, and over the course of 5 years, investments are made here totalling 18 million DM. The total number of employees at both locations was 220.
R. Hess transfers management of the company to his daughter Helga Hess.
A new, large plant is built in Kleinheubach so that glulam wood beams can be glued with lengths up to 42 m.
Son R. Hess takes over the company and manufactures the first glued rafter structure already in the year 1949. Manufacture of the first glued laminated beams already in 1952.
Founded by Peter Hess as a carpentry shop in Bürgstadt. His son Anton Hess takes over the carpentry shop after the death of his father in the year 1883. In 1926, moving of the location to Miltenberg and construction of an additional sawmill.